HTC introduced its much awaited flagship smartphone of 2017, the HTC U11. The handset comes with Edge Sensor for new squeeze interaction that lets you launch the camera, send text messages, open email or customize it to launch any application. It also lets you activate advanced touch and use a “short squeeze” as well as a “squeeze and hold” for even more functionality.
The HTC U11 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest chipset the Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU under the hood. It has 5.5-inch 1440 x 2560 pixels QHD LCD 5 display with Corning Gorilla protection. In terms of storage, it comes in two variants: one with 64GB storage and 4GB of RAM while another one with whooping 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage which can be further expended up to 256GB with the help of micro SD slot.
Moving towards camera, the handset gets very special camera on rear. It has 12MP HTC UltraPixel 3 rear camera with 1.4μm pixel, dual LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, UltraSpeed Autofocus, RAW capture, 4K video recording with 3D Audio, Hi-Res stereo recording, and Acoustic Focus, 120fps slow mo video at 1080p whereas on front 16MP front-facing camera is given which can record up to 1080p videos.
The smartphone runs on latest Android 7.1.1, Nougat, company’s own “HTC Sence” UI on top. It has IP 57 rated Water and dust resistant build build. Fingerprint sensor is embed on front to enhance the security whereas still lacks iris scanner which is given on Samsung “S8 Series”
The hadset is backed by 3000 mAh no-removable battery with quick charge 3.0 support which can charge the device rapidly. Device dimensions are 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm and weight around 169g. Other connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1. As HTC is known for to provide enhanced audio experience, the company will not disappoint in this segment as it comes with USB-C audio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation,HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, 3D Audio recording with 4 microphones, Hi-Res audio certified.
HTC U11 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MobilePlatform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM / 128GB storage , 4GB RAM / 64GB storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI, HTC Edge Sense,HTC Sense Companion
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP HTC UltraPixel 3 rear camera with 1.4μm pixel, dual LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, UltraSpeed Autofocus, RAW capture, 4K video recording with 3D Audio, Hi-Res stereo recording, and Acoustic Focus, 120fps slow mo video at 1080p
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- IP57 Water and dust resistant
- Fingerprint sensor (front-mounted)
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- USB-C audio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation,HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, 3D Audio recording with 4 microphones, Hi-Res audio certified
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1
- 3000mAh nin-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
HTC U11 Price in India and Availability
USA Release: HTC U11 will be available via Sprint in Sapphire Blue and Brilliant Black for $0 down and $29/month for two years in the U.S. . Pre-orders already started and actual stock is coming June 9. Early pre-orders will also get two Amazon Echo Dots for free.
The HTC U11 is priced at €749 (approx. 52,895 INR) in Europe, £649 (approx. 53760 INR) in UK and $696 (approx. 44595 INR) (Only with contract currently) in the U.S. The smartphones comes in Amazing Silver, Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black, Ice White, and Solar Red color options. It will available for purchase next week in selected countries while global launch will take place from June, 2017. India is going to get 128GB variant but pricing is not confirmed yet. Overall, the device comes with very unique features hopefully will do good job in rear world usage as well.