BlackBerry has officially announced the DTEK60, latest flagship Android smartphone from the company. If you have been keeping an eye on the Canadian company over the past few months, then you definitely know about the leaked renders, followed by a full specs reveal on the official website, all topped off by a weird pre-release pre-order campaign in Canada.
The DTEK60 features a metal-framed body with a dual-glass finish – one on the back and one on the front. This already makes it considerably more appealing than the DTEK50. The rest of the specs only further that notion. The DTEK60 is equipped with a 5.5-inch QHD panel and is powered by a Snapdragon 820 SoC with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. In terms of camera, it features a 21MP rear unit and an 8MP front shooter. A 3,000mAh battery is there to keep the lights on. The device also comes with a fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port and a programmable button on the side.
BlackBerry DTEK60 Key Features
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K Video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.125um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm; Weight: 165g
Pricing and Availability
The BlackBerry DTEK60 is priced at US$499 (Rs. 33,340 approx.) / £475 / CA$ $650 / € 579 and is available from BlackBerry online store in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. Availability in other countries will be announced in the coming weeks.