BlackBerry has launched its Keyone smartphone in India. The handset was announced back in February at MWC event 2017 and is already up for sale in some parts of the world. To remind specifications, it is equipped with 4.5 inches Full HD (1080 x 1620) display with 3:2 aspects ratio. Interestingly, it has given 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard under the display which makes it different from the other smartphones. The Indian units are manufactured and sold by Optiemus Infracom.
Congratulations to Optiemus Infracom on the launch of BlackBerry KEYone LIMITED EDITION BLACK in India! pic.twitter.com/N7EJIc2hZR
— BlackBerry India (@BlackBerryIN) August 1, 2017
Furthermore, The Snapdragon 625 powers the device paired with Adreno 506 GPU. Regarding storage, It has got 64GB internal storage coupled with 4GB RAM, also you can expand the storage up to 256GB via hybrid micro SD slot. As for optics, The smartphone included 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX378 sensor, whereas on the front, an 8MP camera is there to take the selfies. Under the hood, The device comes with 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Other connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS / GLONASS, NFC and USB 3.1 Type-C port.
BlackBerry KEYone Specifications
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display
- Snapdragon 625 octa-core 2.0GHz with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard
Pricing and Availability
The BlackBerry KEYone smartphone is priced at Rs. 39,990 (approx. 625 US$) and comes in Limited Edition Black color options. As for availability, The will be sold exclusively via Amazon.in starting August.
— BGR India (@BGRIndia) August 1, 2017