Huawei’s Honor brand just announced Honor 6X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone at an event in China.
It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display on front side. The device is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 655 16nm processor paired with Mali T830-MP2. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1. For imaging, It has a 12-megapixel camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), LED flash and a secondary 2-megapixel for achieving depth of field and background blur.
It also has an 8-megapixel camera on the front and has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds. It has unibody metal design, similar to the Honor 5X.
Other features include hybrid SIM slot, 4G VoLTE support, GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth v4.1. The smartphone packs a 3340mAh battery with fast charging.
Huawei Honor 6x Pricing and Availability
The Honor 6X will be available in gold, silver, grey, blue, and rose gold and is priced at 999 yuan ($148) for the 3GB/32GB model, 1299 yuan ($192) for the 4GB/32GB model, and 1599 yuan ($237) for the 4GB/64GB model. The device is available for pre-order in China today and will go on sale on October 25.
Huawei Honor 6x Key Features
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Kirin 655 (octa-core) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB storage, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable storage up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh battery with support for fast charging