Huawei finally unveiled Mate 9, company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in Germany, as it had promised.
The smartphone features a 5.9-inch 1080p display with 2.5D glass. It is powered by an Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC with IntelliSense i6 sensor hub. For optics, there is a second generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and Hybrid Zoom, featuring 2x magnification, dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS) and uses Huawei’s own ISP. It also an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The device runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0 on top.
Huawei Mate 9 comes unibody aluminum design and it has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has 4G LTE connectivity with support for voLTE and hybrid SIM slot. For storage, the device packs a 64GB internal storage bundled with 4GB RAM, also expandable memory with microSD. It has 4000mAh battery with SuperCharge (3.5-5V – 5A / 9V-2A) technology that promises full day of charge in 20 minutes.
Huawei Mate 9 Key Features
- 5.9-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with 2.5D glass
- Huawei Kirin 960 (octa-core) processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with SuperCharge technology
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 78.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 190g
Pricing and Availability
The Huawei Mate 9 will available in Black, Space Gray, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, Mocha Brown and Ceramic White colors. It is priced at 699 Euros (Approx. Rs. 51605 or $775) and will roll out in China, Malaysia, France, Poland, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Spain, Japan, Thailand, Kuwait and United Arab Emirates.