Few days ago, Huawei unveiled its flagship smartphones Mate 9 and Mate 9 Porche Edition with Kirin 960 chips, and the second-generation Leica dual-camera setup. The Mate 9 packs a 5.9″ flat screen of 1080p resolution, while the Porsche model has a smaller but higher-res 5.5″ curved OLED screen of 1440p.
Now they have official announced a new Mate 9 variant called Mate 9 Pro. The Mate 9 Pro is exactly same as we expected and this is very similar to Mate 9 – Porche Edition with decent price tag.
Moving to specs, the smartphone features a curved 5.5″ AMOLED screen with Quad HD resolution. It is powered the same Kirin 960 chip with either 4GB or 6GB RAM, and offers the second-gen Leica dual-camera setup. The phone also puts the fingerprint scanner on the front, just like the Porsche model.
In terms of storage, it comes with three variants 32,64 and 128GB. However, It is yet to be confirmed whether the Mate 9 Pro has a hybrid dual-SIM/microSD slot or no micro SD card slot option as we seen in Porche Edition. It packs a 4000mAh battery with fast charging support.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro Key Features
- 5.9-inch 1440p QHD display with 2.5D curved glass
- Huawei Kirin 960 (octa-core) processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB / 6GB RAM, 128GB storage
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI
- 20MP monochrome + 12MP color sensor, 2x zoom, laser focus, OIS and dual LED flash
- 8MP f/1.9 front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with SuperCharge
Pricing and Availability
The Mate 9 Pro is Available in gold, rose gold, gray, and silver colors. It is priced at 4699 Yuan ($687) for the 4GB + 64GB and goes up to 5299 Yuan ($775) for the 6GB + 128GB version. Currently, the smartphone is up for order in China only.