BlackBerry has announced a new smartphone that was codenamed ‘Mercury’ as KEYone at MWC 2017 event in Barcelona, . It is the last phone that is designed by BlackBerry and is made by TCL Communication Technology (TCT).
Moving to specs, this smartphone sports a 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) display with 3:2 aspect ratio and has a 4-row QWERTY physical backlit keyboard with keys that respond to touch gestures, support for flick typing, up to 52 customizable shortcuts and the fingerprint sensor is built into the spacebar.
It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC which packs a 3GB RAM too. There is 32GB built-in storage. It packs a 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that charge up to 50% in just 36 minutes. Connectivity features include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and NFC. It runs on latest Android Nougat v7.0. In terms of cameras, the smartphone comes with 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor and 8MP front-facing camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture.
BlackBerry KEYone key features
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display with 433 PPI
- Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, 1/2.3″ sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording 8MP front-facing camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Pricing and Availability
The BlackBerry KEYone comes in Black color and is priced at US$ 549 (Rs. 36,590 approx.). It will be available globally starting from April.