The first Android-powered smartphone to carry the Nokia name from HMD Global has been announced. This is first smartphone after it was granted exclusive global license to sell Nokia phones.
The smartphones packs a 5.5-inch 1080p FULL HD display with 2.5D curved glass. It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). For optics, It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
To enhance the sound quality, It comes with dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom, smart dual amplifier chips (TFA9891) offering 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button and aluminum alloy unibody design. It has dual SIM support as well as a microSD expansion slot, so it could be a hybrid dual SIM.
Nokia 6 Key Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable storage up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM support
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor embed at front
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
Pricing and Availability
The Nokia 6 comes in Black color, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 16,740 approx.) and will be available exclusively from JD.com and it is not yet known if and when the phone will be launched in India.