Xiaomi has introduced other smartphone called Mi 5C after Redmi 4x. First time company used its own Surge S1 processor. It has the same 5.15-inch 1080p display from JDI with 1.6mm ultra narrow bezels.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25 μm pixel size and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It should run Android 7.0 (Nougat) and Xiaomi says that Android 7.1 (Nougat) update will be available in March. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
The handset sports unibody metal design, weighs just 135 grams. In terms of storage, it has 64GB of internal storage paired with 3GB LPDDR3 RAM. It packs a 2860mAh battery with support for 9V/2A fast charging to keeps the light on.
- 5.15-inch Full HD curved glass display
- 2.2GHz Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit (Octa-Core) processor with Mali-T860 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Android v7.0 Nougat with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM support (nano + nano)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1.25 μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x7.09 mm ; Weight: 135g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 2860mAh non-removable battery with fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 5c include Rose Gold, Gold and Black colors. It is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 14560 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from March 3rd. As far Indian availability is concern, company did no provided any information.