Xiaomi on Tuesday launched its latest flagship smartphone named the Mi Note 2 at its event in Beijing. The smartphone’s highlight is the use of both front and back 3D curved glass, which also gives the Mi Note 2 a dual-edge curved display like the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, though perhaps not as extreme in scope. The company is calling it a two-sided curved display.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 sports a 5.7-inch Oled flexible display with a 77.2 percent screen-to-body ratio and a 110 percent NSTC gamut. It is powered by a 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 Performance Edition SoC.
The Mi Note 2 bears a 22.56-megapixel rear camera with a Sony IMX318 Exmor RS sensor, an f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, and EIS with its own 3-axis gyroscope for 4K video stabilisation. On the front, it bears an 8-megapixel Sony IMX268 Exmor RS sensor, and an f/2.0 aperture, apart from a group selfie feature and Auto Beautify 3.0.
For storage, There are two variant available 4GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage model and 6GB RAM/ 128GB. It packs a 4070mAh battery and Quick Charge 3.0. It runs on Android 6.0.1 based MIUI 8 on top. The last has support for global LTE bands (with support for up to 37 LTE bands).
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Key Features
- 5.7-inch 1080*1980p OLED 3D dual curved glass display, 110% NTSC color gamut
- Snapdragon 821 (2.35GHz Quad-Core) 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 22.56MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, EIS, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX258 sensor, 76-degree field of view
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 24-bit 192kHz / 24-bit lossless audio
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 77.3 x 7.6 mm; Weight: 166 grams
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 will be available in three variants: a 4GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage model priced at CNY 2,799, a 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage model priced at CNY 3,299, and the Global Edition 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage model priced at CNY 3,499. The smartphone will be available in Piano Black and Glacial Silver colour variants, and an aluminium build.
In addition, Xiaomi also launched VR headset. Xiaomi’s Mi VR headset will cost 199 RMB, and it comes with a hardware-level motion sensor and a 9-axis inertial motion controller. Xiaomi claims over 200 app developers have come together to create apps for their VR platform.
Xiaomi has not confirmed when the Mi Note 2 will be coming to India. Stay tuned for more information.