Xiaomi just announced new smartphone named Redmi 4 with a unibody metal design. It comes in two variants, the standard variant has a 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC and has 2GB of RAM. The high-end version has a 5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC.
Both these run on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and packs a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF for 0.1 second focus, dual-tone LED flash, 5-megapixel front-facing camera, have a fingerprint sensor on the back, come with hybrid dual SIM support and packs a 4100mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Key Features
- 5-inch 720p or 1080p IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 or 625 (octa-core) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 or 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage or 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 141.3×69.6×8.9mm; Weight: 156g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh non-removable battery
li>5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes in Silver, Grey and Gold colors. It is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 103 / Rs. 6900 approx.) for the base variant with Snapdragon 430, 2GB RAM and 16GB storage and the high-end version with Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM and 32GB storage is priced at 899 yuan (US$ 133 / Rs. 8880 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from November 11.