Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone maker launched Xiaomi Redmi 4a smartphone in India. It is the successor of Redmi 3s smartphones which are best selling smartphone in India. However, the company has already been launched this smartphone in China under the name of Redmi 4X earlier this year.
It packs a 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display. The handset is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU underneath. For optics, it has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The handset arrives running on Android 6.0 Nougat MIUI 8 on top out of the box.
The smartphone has a unibody metal design. There is a fingerprint sensor embed at rear. For storage, their are three variants available in India: 16GB and 2GB RAM, 3GB RAM and 32GB and top variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage. It packs a massive 4100 mAh battery to keeps the light on that promises up to 15 hours continuous video playback, up to 2 days of usage and up to 18 days standby.
The Redmi 4 comes with hybrid SIM slot slot same as other device available in India. Device dimensions are 139.24 x 69.96 x8.65 mm and weights around 155 gram. Other connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and micro USB port for charging the device. The handset also comes with infrared sensor which helps to control electric appliances remotely.
Xiaomi Redmi 4x Key Features
- 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450nit brightness
- Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM / 16GB , 3GB RAM / 32GB and 4GB RAM /64GB storage options, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android v6.0 with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x8.65 mm ; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4100mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Price in India and Availability
The Redmi 4 comes in three variants pricing at Rs. 6999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 8,999 and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 10,999. It will be available from 23rd May, 12 noon on Mi.com and Amazon. You can also get the phone from Mi Home in Bengaluru from May 20th including Gorgeous Black and Elegant gold color options.