Huawei announced two flagship devices Mate 9 and Mate 9 Porsche Design earlier this month. Now they have introduced Mate 9 Lite, a cheaper variant with dual rear camera arrangement. The smartphone features a 5.5 inches Full HD display on the front. It is powered by Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor paired with Mali T830-MP2 GPU. For storage, there are two variants, one with 3GB RAM / 32GB storage and another one having 4GB RAM / 64GB storage inside.
In terms of cameras, the smartphone uses a 12-megapixel with 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF for 0.3-second quick focus along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for capturing depth information. It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It packs a 3340mAh battery under the hood. The device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based on EMUI 4.1.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite Key Features
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Kirin 655 ( ocate-core, 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 12MP camera with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 150.9×76.2×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The Huawei Mate 9 Lite comes in Gray, Gold and Silver colors, but no details about the pricing or availability yet.