Recently we got to know that Samsung is planning to launch Android Oreo programme for its “C” series. For those who are unaware, the “C” series is available in Asia specific region inc. India, China, and some other countries, whereas most of the world remains untouched. Moving further, a screenshot provided by a Samsung community member unleashes the Android Oreo 8.0 for Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro. The new update comes with latest security update of July month and makes significant changes in the previous version of Android Nougat.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Oreo Update Change Log (Translated)
– Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
– Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
– Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
– Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location.
– The toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
– The GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs.
– More high-contrast keyboards are available.
– Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
– Currently, running apps will always be shown in the notification panel.
Lock Screen and Always On Display
– New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
– Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.
– Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
– Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
– View and manage photos stored in Samsung Cloud.
– Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
– See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
– Let your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
– In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed have been added.
– Translation Credit: XDA Developers
Apart from that, Samsung also reportedly to push Android Oreo Beta for Samsung Galaxy C7 users. However, it isn’t official yet. Moreover, if you are living in HongKong and India you should see the Oreo update on these devices very soon. did you get the update if you belong the specified region? do let’s know below comment section.