Gionee announced a new smartphone S9 in China, its latest smartphone with dual rear cameras. The smartphone comes with unibody metal design and features a 5.5-inch 1080p display. It is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 processor. The device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony sensor along with a 5-megapixel secondary camera with Samsung sensor for capturing images with depth of field blur effects. In terms of storage, it packs a 64GB of internal storage bundled 4GB RAM under the hood. It has 3000mAh battery and connectivity features include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS.
Gionee S9 Key Features
- 5.5-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB Internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with micro SD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear + 5MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.2×76.4×7.4mm; Weight: 168.2g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The Gionee S9 comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors, is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 365 / Rs. 24700 approx.) and goes on sale in China starting from 25 November. There are no more details provided by company about the global roll out yet.