Apple has announced new iPad pro models at WWDC 2017 in San Jose, California. These iPad come in two variants with different 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch screen sizes embed Ratina display on front.
The highlighted part is that both iPads are powered by Apple’s latest A10X Fusion chip under the hood. The company claims to provide 30% faster CPU speed and 40% faster GPU speed compared to its predecessor A10 Fusion SoC. Both the iPads are very identical to each other except battery and display sizes.
These iPad pro models come with 12MP iSight camera at rear with True Tone flash, ƒ/1.8, also capable to record 4K videos with OIS to provide stability while taking shots in the form of videos. On front side, there is a 7MP shooter which can record up to 1080p videos as well.
As far as storage is concerned, These two come with 64GB, 256GB and 512GB internal storage option and first time apple introduced 512GB storage option on its iPad series. Apart from that, apple annonced iOS 11 and also their on these iPads.
Apple iPad Pro 10.5/ 12.9-inch Specifications
- 10.5-inch (2224 x 1668 pixels) Fully laminated True Tone Retina Display at 264 PPI (10.5-inch model)
- 12.9-inch (2732 x 2048 pixels) Fully laminated True Tone Retina Display at 264 PPI (12.9-inch model)
- A10X Fusion chip with 64‑bit architecture and M10 motion coprocessor
- 64GB/256GB/512GB variants
- iOS 11
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Barometer
- Four speaker audio
- 12MP, f/1.8 iSight camera with True Tone flash, OIS, 4K video recording, 1080p slo-mo at 120 fps
- 7MP HD front-facing camera, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi (802.11ac); (2.4GHz and 5GHz);
- HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and GLONASS (only in Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- Dimensions: 250.6 x 174.1 x 6.1 mm; Weight: 469g (Wi-Fi) / 477g (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- 30.4‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery (10.5-inch model)
- Dimensions: 305.7 x 220.6 x 6.9 mm; Weight: 677g (Wi-Fi) / 692g (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- 41‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery ((12.9-inch model))
Pricing and Availability
Apple iPad 10.5
The iPad 10.5 priced at $649, $749 and $949 for the 64GB,256GB and 512GB WiFi models respectively while WiFi + cellular versions cost 779, $879 and $1,079 in US. It comes in Space Gray, Rose Gold, Gold and Silver color options.
Apple iPad 12.9
The iPad 12.9 costs $799, $899 and $1099 for the 64GB, 256GB and 512GB WiFi models and $929, $1029 and $1,229 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular models, respectively. It comes in Space Gray, Gold and Silver color options.
Both the iPads will be go for sale next week in US as well 37 more countries. As far as Indian availability is concerned, these two will be available in India later this month. Though, actual date is not confirmed yet.